Monday, November 3, 2014

Half Marathon Training!

Half marathon training will begin next week. I've never run that long so there's a small amount of anxiety with training to actually do this. Every time I think about lining up to run, my stomach starts to flip. As I was looking through the training plan and writing the paces I needed to keep for certain workouts I've realized that I can already run those paces so I really have nothing to worry about other than getting used to the distances required. I'm hoping the nerves of what I'm going to try to do will subside.

In preparation for this I've reset some goals. Since 10k training ended I haven't been fueling to run, but I've still been running. Oh man have I noticed a difference. I can still complete runs and have managed to meet some goals, but it's a struggle. I can feel that I'm not hydrated well enough and I don't have the right foods going in to use for energy. I'll be refocusing on eating to run. I'm also planning to get to the gym to lift weights in order to balance muscles and hopefully stave off injury.

Another huge focus will be on what works for fuel during a run. There are so many options out there, and so many opinions on what works. So I just gotta figure out what works for me. I'm really hoping that is isn't too much of a chore and my stomach doesn't suffer too much from the things that might not work as well. I think once I get back into training mode everything will come together nicely for me, I just need to have confidence and trust myself and my body! Ready or not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment