Monday, November 3, 2014

Hitting Goals Feels Oh So Good!

What a month October was for me!! This will be a short blog post, but I have nothing but excitement for it! On the 22nd I went out with the purpose to run a 5k, hoping for a good time, but not really stressing too much about what time I got it done in. I started off feeling strong and comfortable. As I was headed into the third mile I was thinking, I'm really cruising! I can get a good time I think. I got done, hit stop and found 26:56 sitting on my recorded time!! I couldn't even BLELIEVE it! I was just hoping that one day I'd get to 28:00 or something. I never dreamed I'd be under that the first year back into running. But there it was. I was high for a week.

A week later, on the 28th I set out for a 10k. I wasn't actually aiming for my goal time, I was just running, hovering around 8:55-9:00 average pace, give or take a little. At mile 5 it dawned on me I could hit my goal if I pick it up. If I out and out ran the last bit, I would get 55:00 at least, maybe lower! The last 1.2 miles I ran what I had and came in at 54:55!!!!! The last .20 was at 7:45!!! It was the best feeling ever to comfortably run the first 5 miles and then really give everything I had to the last little bit and hit my goal of sub 55:00!! Imagine if I poured my all into the WHOLE thing!

I have a 5k and 10k turkey trot coming up in Nov. Both of these successful runs were evening ones. I'm a much stronger night runner than I am morning runner. So my goal for these distances, currently, is to be able to transfer this success into morning miles for these races. Time to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment