Monday, September 29, 2014

So What Now?

So where do I go from here? First of all, I will try again to hit my 10k goal. On a day where the humidity level is not at 90% and the heat at 6:00 is not 80*. I won't give up from that.

Second, I decided a while ago that I'm going to train to run a half marathon. I've never run that long in my life. I would like to be able to run it in 2:00, so I'll be training for that. Currently I'm right on track to be able to run it in 2:15!!! Which, of course, I think is awesome. That training doesn't start til the middle of November. I'm hoping to be able to run the Phoenix half marathon, finances providing. If that doesn't happen for me then of course it's fine. I'll run it in 2016 instead. Regardless, I'll be training. Just in case, and just for fun.

In the meantime I'll be heading back into the gym to refocus on some other goals that are strength related. I have a new plan to hopefully keep me on track with these goals. I've gotten a planner and have written down my workout plans for each day. I'll give myself a sticker for the days I meet that goal in the calendar. It seems a bit silly, and maybe childish, but I'll try anything to help me build this new habit.

I want to have a strong body. I want to be healthy, not skinny. I am not at a healthy weight yet. I'd be fine with this weight I'm at now if I knew it was muscle, but my body fat is still too high. I think I've lost all I can by just running, so hopefully lifting weights will help to get my body in better shape. I'm trying to teach my three young children how to take care of our bodies in a healthy way. Hopefully they'll continue this lifestyle as they grow older, so they won't have to work as hard. It'll be a second nature to them. I'm also grateful to finally be able to keep up with them again. Hiking is just so much easier than it was before I started this journey to a healthier lifestyle.

This blog is hopefully going to work kind of hand in hand with my instagram account @runlikethewinded. I always have so much to say after a run or good workout (first and foremost this stuff is head clearing and a way to help bring balance in my life). I always write so much in my instagram posts, so I thought maybe I'd try to shorten it there and post in here. It's still my way to be accountable to myself for the work I put in at reaching my goals. Maybe along the way, I'll help inspire a person or two as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment